Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 70

My Epstein-Barr virus titer came back down to normal.  So whatever the problem was seems to be over.  I am still not sure that I understand exactly what it was all about.  I will be going back to Minneapolis soon, and will ask for an explanation.

My blood sugars have been good for the most part.  I  have had a few higher than I  would like.  The worst was a 186 after lunch.  I guess it shows that I am not quite there yet.  

I saw my endocrinologist for the first time since my transplant.  He was pleased with my results.  The good news is that my A1c is 6.1.  I was hoping for about a 6.5, so I am really pleased.  The lowest that I have been in recent years is a 7.0 and just before the transplant, I was 7.7.  

No more problems with the immunosuppressants.  I have had blood drawn to measure the levels of the rapamune almost weekly.  The values have been running high lately, so I have been decreasing my pills.  I started at 5/day, then went to 4 and then 3.  And during the EBV titer situation, I was decreased to 2/day.  After that was resolved, I went back to 3.  I had a blood draw yesterday, and am waiting to see how I am running on 3.


No comments: