Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Phase One of changing immunosuppressant meds.

I started on the prograf and the cellcept on Friday evening.  I take both of them twice a day.  They both have to be taken on an empty stomach, so I am trying out 8am and 8pm.

I am still on my full dose of rapamune, but I have already started tapering off of the raptiva.  I skipped the Sunday morning dose of raptiva, but will take it again this coming Sunday.

I have been feeling really tired the last few days.  It is probably a combination of being on both the new and the old drug regime and/or the start up of the new drugs.  I am hoping to feel better soon, either from the weaning of the old drugs, or the acclimation to the new.  I slept most of 12 hours yesterday.  I did make it through the work day, but was dragging.  I was able to teach my class this morning, but plan to take it easy the rest of the day.

Besides the fatigue, I have a queasy stomach and sometimes some aching muscles.  
I had my blood drawn yesterday to measure the drug levels of the rapamune, prograf, and cellcept.  As soon as the prograf and cellcept reach therapeutic levels, I can begin to decrease the rapamune.  I hope to hear later today.

No comments: