Thursday, June 4, 2009

Crazy Stomach

I am still struggling with my stomach. I seem to have taken a turn for the worse and am trying to figure out why and what to do about it. The only medication I take for it is the fiber supplements. A few weeks ago, I found one that is in a chewable form instead of a capsule. That seemed much more appealing to try in addition to all of the other capsules I take daily. Now I am wondering if that was my downfall. I am now trying an experiment to see if can determine its effects.

I am taking the full dose, 6 pills a day for three days, and then no pills for three days. I am already on the second day of no pills and I think it is better. The third day of the pill days was the worst day yet.

I am still not good, but better. I am going to try not taking any pills for awhile and see how that goes, and then try the capsules again to see if they have a different effect. This sure is a crazy problem. It is so frustrating to have health issues limit my activities. I had to back out of my golf league this year, not because I don't feel like playing, but because there just are not enough bathrooms on the course.

I did learn one interesting thing about my crazy stomach. A few weeks ago, we went out to dinner with some friends and had a really long wait for our table. During the wait, I had 2 margaritas. After awhile, I noticed that the irritation that I had been feeling in my intestinal area was gone. I laughed about it at the time, but it has never come back!

1 comment:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

You've discovered the Margarita Cure!

I'll be watching for your best-selling books and your Oprah appearance.