Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 1 post surgery

I am still very sleepy from the pain medication.  I can't imagine why anyone would take oxycontin as a recreational drug.  I am not enjoying it at all.  I am nauseous and fortunately sleepy.  My poor husband spends most of this day watching me sleep.  I can only stay awake for a few minutes or sometimes only seconds at a time.  I  go straight to dreaming.  It  is really strange.

I have an ultrasound of my liver scheduled, which I get through, but the nausea makes it difficult.  I won't go into details.  

Finally, by the end of the day, the medication starts to wear off and I sit in my chair for awhile and start to feel a little more like myself.  I am still not eating much.  I am trying to get used to  all the pills.  I  can tolerate all but the green tea supplement.  It is a long time before I will be able to  face that one down again.  I took it right before the severe nausea hit, so it is my scapegoat pill.


No comments: