Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 33

Today when I was injecting my Raptiva, one of the  immunosuppressants, some came back out after the injection. I was concerned, because I was afraid if I did not get an adequate amount, I might be able to reject the islet cells.  I called my coordinator, and we decided that I probably got  more than I thought, but she would discuss it with the Dr on monday.  Later, I thought to take the syringe and expel some and see how much I thought came out.  I decided that it was probably only about one or two tenths of a cc.  I was supposed to inject 5 total.

Later in the evening, I noticed a strange red mark on my shoulder.  Upon closer inspection, I thought it looked like ringworm.  I googled ringworm pictures, and sure enough, that is what it looks like.

I am now at 10 units of insulin/day.  I am still wearing my pump, and seem to  constantly be turning it down or off.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I just read your whole blog in one sitting. Absolutely fascinating! Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you are making fantastic progress. I am going to subscribe to your blog so I can follow your progress. I'm on TuDiabetes too. :)